Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 7 - West Village, BT Piggyback

Monday nights are tough since Raven and I don't really know any Monday night venues. We go to the usual smelly ass bars over at West Village, and it's just pretty dead. When I go out on these nights, it really makes me appreciate Fridays and Saturdays, and I felt particularly bad I missed the Friday previous.

We walked into Off the Wagon. The smelliest of the bars in West Village, but hey, they had $1 beers, and I'm always appreciative of that. On my way in, I spotted a tall thin brunette. I wanted it. She was with 2 guys, with one of the guys all over her. I wanted it. I'll go for it later, I tell myself, hoping I actually follow through on it.

Tonight really was dead, I winged Raven on this 3 set we worked for a while. I had no idea who his target was, so I just tried to keep whoever he wasn't engaging engaged. Eventually, I thought I figured it out, and then he goes and switches targets. He opened, he runs it, I'm just there to help him. During this whole time, I am keeping an eye on the tall thin brunette, thinking there must be some way in.

I saw her get hollared by some frat boys on her way to the bathroom, with her exchanging some glances with them, but nothing beyond that. I chat with Raven and I notice her grabbing her coat and saying something to her friends (not friendly words). Without a word, I grab my jacket and I am out of there. Walk up to her, notice she is taller than me (I'm 5'10), and go in with a "you are fuckin' adorable". Huge beaming smile, and she asks me with a smile "where the hell did you come from?". I tell her I was inside the bar, to which she says she hates it in there and the people in there. Her BT is super high, those guys must have done a number on her. She hugs me, and I hold her hand breaking out of it. I tell her we are going for a walk, and we walk around the corner. Try to figure out logistics, she lives at xyz, I live at abc, she is supposed to go to a a nightclub after this. During this time, my phone rings loudly, it's Raven, I ignore but it's distracting me (note to self, silence cell phone). I could have made out with her, but I wimped out. So at this point, I'm thinking, how do I get this girl to my car (2 blocks away), and where am I going to extract her to? As this happens, her friends found her (the two guys literally split up and scoured the area of the bar to find her) and pull her away from me. It was swift, and I was too slow to react. Sigh

Raven and I ended up bouncing, but not before jumping out of the car in turn to open random street sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment