Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 3 - Bar Hopping and Rain

Rainy day, which believe it or not, affects my mood. I didn't have any friends want to go out with me, so I went out on my own. This community is weird in that you can barely know some people, and they understand that you are on the same path of self-improvement and going for what you want and see you as a brother. I ran into Davinci and Captain Awesome in Wholefoods and decided to go bar hopping with them after a brief chat.

Rain sucked, we went to this bar in West Village which was having a karaoke night. Didn't see much when i walked in, so I broke from the group to find my girlfriend for the night. I have this thing that turns on and off, where I want to break away from the group and find something before one of the other guys spots her first. I find that when someone else spots her first, it can turn out one of two ways, he goes in before I do, which doesn't help me, or we stand around talking about who goes up to her, which is a state killing conversation. I go through to the back and spotted this one cutie with long curly blond hair and tried to laser eye her as I walked through. She didn't notice me. I made some excuse in my head not to approach. (Retarded!)

Back out at the main bar area, I committed to approaching her. Once I fully embraced that commitment, the rest was automatic:

Left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot.....
Stop
Touch as I verbally engage her
Give genuine compliment with breaking rapport tonality
Be chill and have fun

It was on with this girl. Hand squeezes, ignoring everyone else. Her friend walked by and have her the elbow tap and pointed outside, she ignored it at the moment. I think at one point, either because my game wasn't tight, or she really had to go (her friends left us alone and had been waiting outside for her for a few minutes), she said she had to go. My loser mindset thought I had already fucked things up beyond repair, but as she was leaving, there was an excessive amount of touching (around the waist, more hand squeezing), as if she was telling me to be a man an demand that she leave her friends. I failed.....

Definitely could have tried to kiss her, it was there. Some times, I still have this mindset that I am not supposed to kiss a girl until after a "sufficient" amount of time. I need to rid myself of this mentality and go for it when I want to and feel it.

I did some street approaches, but in the rain, and in the dark, just about all the girls were not having it. Other sets occurred, but nothing worth noting.

1 comment:

  1. How long did it take to memorize the "Left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot" routine?

    ReplyDelete